Thursday, June 2, 2011

The first I love you...

As I have traveled this journey into Bonus motherhood I have had a few moments come along that I will never forget. I am sure all mothers remember the first time their child says Momma or tells them I love you, and for me I have had those moments too. For me though... they were unexpected and moving in ways I will never forget. Here is one of those times...


Last summer I had been over to Mistie's apartment one evening for a BBQ and a long evening of playing in the pool with the kids. The kids and I must have played "who can do a hand stand and hold their breath for the longest" at least 40 times... and I am certain Connor dunked me at least 10 times too. We had swimming contest after swimming contest until the pool closed forcing us to stop our water world adventure. After we dried all of the evidence of our fun off with the big beach towels the kids begged me to sleep over for a big slumber party in the living room. I had to work the next morning but thought... let's do this... it's summer and I can handle it:) We pulled out all of the blankets and sleeping bags we could find and put on a movie to fall asleep to. The next morning I woke to my alarm so I could have enough time to get back to my house... shower and still get to work on time. I was trying very hard to quietly slip out the door so that no one would be bothered from their peaceful sleep but sure enough I woke Soy boy. I closed the door behind me and scurried off down the stairs to my car but as I rounded the first turn to the second flight of stairs I heard Soy calling my name. He shouts down the stair case "Karen, Karen wait." "What is it Soy," I asked? He said..."Oh I just wanted to say I love you and have a good day!" Oh how my heart filled with joy... I am sure I told him that I loved him too and continued on my path to work... but all I can remember are those words coming out of his mouth and traveling into my ears and changing my life for ever.


This is just one of the many Bonus Mom memories that have been burned into my soul. I cant wait to share more next time.
Until then...
Love,

Bonus Mom

2 comments: